|Category||Customer Support Center/Corporate Positions|
|Job type||Full Time|
About Retail Business Services
Retail Business Services, LLC, is the services company of Ahold Delhaize USA, currently providing services to five East Coast grocery brands, including Food Lion, The GIANT Company, Giant Food, Hannaford and Stop & Shop. Retail Business Services leverages the scale of the local brands to drive synergies and provides industry-leading expertise, insights and analytics to local brands to support their strategies with services including Information Technology, Merchandising, Marketing & Sourcing Services, Private Brand Products, Pharmacy Services, Not for Resale, Store Services, Financial Services, Legal Services, Communications, Supply Chain and People Systems and Services. Retail Business Services operates across seven campuses in the Greater Charlotte, Harrisburg, D.C., Portland, Boston and Chicago Areas. For more information, visit www.retailbusinessservices.com. To stay updated with the latest news, follow Retail Business Services on LinkedIn (@Retail-Business-Services) and Twitter (@RBServicesNews).
Position Title: Clerk II Payroll
Position Location: Salisbury, NC
The Clerk II Payroll position is responsible for:
• Providing excellent customer service to all Ahold/Delhaize America associates on a daily basis. Activities include associate inquiries via ASC tickets and phone contacts, store inquiries, and inquiries from other areas of the business related to payroll cost and activities.
• PeopleSoft system activities - Payroll corrections for retail, distribution and corporate associates. Processing pay adjustments - examples include Corrections to hours, calculating back pay for changes received from the business that are received after pay has been confirmed, entering pharmacy payroll data, and miscellaneous other corrections as necessary.
• Kronos activities - Corrections to hours, system maintenance and system testing as needed.
• Knowledge of payroll federal, state and local laws related to pay and pay calculations.
• Knowledge of additional time systems - 4690, CAMS, and AS400.
• Knowledge of all company policies related to pay and pay calculations.
• Research and update data for stores that have issues with time reporting - example 4690 system issues.
• Research and confirm store variances weekly.
The Clerk II Payroll position is part of the Payroll Operations Team. The team members are responsible for ensuring all Ahold/Delhaize associates are paid in a timely and accurate manner, meeting both federal and state requirements. In addition, team members are responsible for conducting business in accordance with Ahold/Delhaize America policies and procedures. The associate is responsible for completion of duties each week within the payroll processing deadlines. Other responsibilities include recommendations for streamlining job processes, assisting with reporting and metrics for management and participating in special or cross-functional projects. Associate is responsible for maintaining confidentially for all associates and speaking only with direct parties involved.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for accurate payroll processing.
• Respond to associate questions.
• System maintenance and testing for KRONOS time system.
• Assist with payroll costing questions from Business partners
• Maintain payroll processing procedures.
• Review of department processes to identify continuous improvement opportunities
• Provides support to directly affected parties by assisting with the resolution of various problems that may arise, such as pay calculations and charges.
• Other duties as assigned
Requirements Basic Qualifications:
• High School Education
• 1-year Payroll Experience
• Computer Knowledge to include Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook)
• Written and verbal communication
• Problem Solving & Decision Making
• Advanced degree or professional payroll certification
• Kronos and People Soft experience
• Payroll processing experience
• Retail or Grocery environment
Skills and Abilities:
• Accurate and detail oriented
• Good understanding of Payroll processes
• Ability to sustain high level of confidentiality
• Strong customer service skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
• Ability to recognize and recommend changes
• Team player
• Business Process Improvement skills
• Strong organizational skills, ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently
• Excellent follow through skills