|Category||Customer Support Center/Corporate Positions|
|Job type||Full Time|
About Retail Business Services
Retail Business Services, LLC, is the services company of Ahold Delhaize USA, currently providing services to five East Coast grocery brands, including Food Lion, The GIANT Company, Giant Food, Hannaford and Stop & Shop. Retail Business Services leverages the scale of the local brands to drive synergies and provides industry-leading expertise, insights and analytics to local brands to support their strategies with services including Information Technology, Merchandising, Marketing & Sourcing Services, Private Brand Products, Pharmacy Services, Not for Resale, Store Services, Financial Services, Legal Services, Communications, Supply Chain and People Systems and Services. Retail Business Services operates across seven campuses in the Greater Charlotte, Harrisburg, D.C., Portland, Boston and Chicago Areas. For more information, visit www.retailbusinessservices.com. To stay updated with the latest news, follow Retail Business Services on LinkedIn (@Retail-Business-Services) and Twitter (@RBServicesNews).
Position Title: Analyst IV Indirect Taxes US
Position Location: Carlisle, PA
This position is responsible for all aspects of the fuel excise tax, gross receipts, and other small product tax filings as well as audit support which includes researching audit issues and compiling supporting documentation and General Ledger (GL) account reconciliation. This position will prepare and file excise tax and sales and use tax returns with various federal, state, and local jurisdictions. Collects and analyzes revenue, inventory and tax payment accounting data required to file tax returns in all jurisdictions that impose such taxes. Conducts a variety of tax compliance, planning and research tasks. This position contributes to reducing expense from lower audit assessments and through timely, accurate compliance and avoids costs in the form of potential interest and /penalties.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
• Corresponds with tax authorities (possibly from multiple jurisdictions) and monitoring the organization's indirect tax position.
• Responsible for evaluating and improving processes and controls to optimize compliance efficiency.
• Acts as a consultant providing guidance/decisions on accounting treatment and proper application of internal controls associated with fuel excise tax.
• Prepare and/or review fuel excise, gross receipts, and other small product tax filings for multiple entities on a timely basis.
• Review reconciliations and JE's to ensure accurate accounting.
• Prepare and maintain procedures and process documentation for internal audit and SOX purposes.
• Keep current on state law and rate changes.
• Provide support for fuel excise, Gross Receipts, and other small product tax audits.
• Perform research related to indirect taxes and filing requirements.
• Process tax payments.
• Provide support to various special projects.
• Coordinate with and support our Offshore financial services team Genpact.
Requirements Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field preferred /or equivalent experience in the field of indirect tax
• 5-7 years of indirect tax experience
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft applications
• Foundational indirect tax knowledge
• Strong understanding of accounting theories, methodologies, principles and practices, and the impact of departmental transactions to the financial statements
• IFRS Accounting
• SOX controls / Risk & Controls
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to multi-task day-to-day activities, as well as projects
• Develop partnerships with brands, IT, supply chain, and other accounting areas
• Strong customer service skills
• Good analytical and communication skills, basic organizational skills, and deadline/detail oriented
• Must be able to embrace and adapt to change, set, and achieve challenging goals, and be a team player