|Category||Distribution Center/Warehouse Positions|
Job Title: Truck Driver
Responsible for safely delivering grocery and perishable product to company stores as scheduled and for safely transporting backhauls to distribution centers.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
•Safely operate tractor trailer while maintaining the company's driving performance standards.
•Assist in unloading deliveries at stores.
•Follow proper pre-trip procedures as required by DOT regulation 392.7
•Maintain and follow all proper delivery and pick up paperwork and procedures.
•Maintain all D.O.T. paperwork and qualifications.
•Assuring proper count and condition of load(s) at all backhaul, for hire and relay (compound) locations.
•Verify proper operating condition of equipment used.
•Make recommendations for modifications to procedures or processes impacting their work group or distribution center that will maximize efficiency, productivity, and reduce costs.
•Ensure compliance with Delhaize America standards in the areas of accuracy, safety and productivity.
Requirements Basic Qualification:
•Must be at least 21 years of age.
•Must possess a Class A Commercial Driver's License
•Must have a minimum of 3 years tractor trailer driving experience. One year of experience can be waived if a graduate of an approved truck driving school and a certificate of completion presented
•Must not have more than one moving violation against your driving record in the last 3 year rolling period
•Knowledge of DOT and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations along with Transportation Logistics
•Knowledge of proper use of equipment.
•Reach, bend, stoop and lift up to 70 lbs.
•Previous tractor trailer driving experience
•Knowledge of all D.O.T. regulations
•Excellent driving skills
•Possess good communication, verbal and written skills
•Ability to pass and meet all requirements for the D.O.T. Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations handbook and D.O.T. physical and drug screen
• Knowledge of all DOT regulations
• Knowledge of proper use of equipment
• Must have good written and oral communication and be able to speak English
• Meet all requirements (physical and otherwise) set by the DOT Federal Motor
Carrier Safety Regulations handbook
• Ability to reach, bend, stoop and lift up to 70 lbs. Commercial driver's license
• Must be 21 years of age. Must have a minimum of 3 years tractor trailer driving
• One year of experience can be waived if a graduate of an approved truck driving
school and a certificate of completion is presented
• Must not have more than one moving violation against your driving record in the
last 3 year rolling period
• Must pass drug screens