|Category||Retail/Grocery Store Positions|
Primary Purpose: Perform duties related to prepared foods and deli service counter to ensure department appearance, quality, variety, safety, and food safety are consistently maintained at the highest level. Demonstrate a strong culture in support of Hannaford Strategy. Build customer relations and provide enthusiastic customer awareness.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet and assist customers with locating and selecting products.
- Deliver outstanding, friendly customer service and use skills and knowledge to offer solutions that meet or exceed customers' expectations.
- Slice, cut, prepare, weigh and package products according to established standards and quality goals.
- Preparing multiple orders simultaneously while maintaining customer service and quality standards.
- Supporting and Assist Service Counter
- Adhere to highest product quality standards to support our department strategy.
- Achieve productivity standards as outlined in Management Planning.
- Develop product knowledge in various areas of the department.
- Perform all assigned cleaning functions in accordance with company policy.
- Assist in training other associates and perform other functions as assigned.
- Deli, restaurant or food service experience helpful but not required.
- Effective communication, customer service, and selling skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills and desire to work in a team environment.
- Ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job.
- Ability to multi task and prioritize in a fast paced environment.
- Must meet minimum age requirements.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Pre-requisite to this job would be Deli Service Case Associate training. Requirements Physical Requirements:
- Lift up to 15 lbs. frequently and up to 40 lbs. occasionally.
- Reach to shoulder lifting 20 lbs. frequently and overhead occasionally.
- Push/pull 3-15 lbs. frequently and up to 40 lbs. occasionally.
- Perform repetitive grasping, hand and arm motions while standing/walking the majority of the shift.
- Meet volume activity standards established for the department.
- Frequent bending, reaching, grasping, and lifting produce items at or above waist level.
- Use hands to operate controls, feel objects and use tools to open boxes/cases or to prepare and clean produce.
- Be able to handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning materials, packaging materials, and food products.
- Tolerate working in hot/cold temperatures for up to 20 minutes at a time.