The PFA Manager leads a team of approximately 10 Project Financial Analysts who are responsible for overseeing the overall financial health of individual projects/studies they are assigned to. The PFA Manager is responsible for providing line management oversight of the PFAs including but not limited to hiring/termination decisions, career development/mentoring, supporting PFAs with ad hoc issues that arise, and ensuring deadlines are met with quality work. The PFA Manager must also ensure strict adherence to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements.
• Owns and drives month-end close process with heavy emphasis on ASC 606 revenue recognition and subsequent review.
• Ensures accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end accounting closes.
• Partners with and supports Business Unit CFO team to perform in depth analysis/review of key projects.
• Partner with operations to provide support and enhance PFA involvement in monthly project reviews to facilitate better financial governance.
• Executes special projects including but not limited to analyzing historical trends, implementing procedures to mitigate audit weakness, and implementing/testing enhancements to financial systems.
• Adheres to accounting policies and procedures that are compliant with GAAP. Maintains changes to policies, while communicating and providing guidance on relative policies to appropriate staff. Ensures control procedures are created and/or edited to match new/revised accounting policy.
• Assists with the development and administration of the accounting systems, practices, controls and procedures which conform to GAAP and related operating costs, budgets and profitability. Reviews and documents processes and procedures quarterly to ensure compliance.
• Ensures a reporting structure is in place that is Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliant and meets all statutory internal and external requirements. Assist with Sarbanes Oxley quarterly compliance reviews and leads implementation of process changes to ensure compliance is maintained.
• Line management responsibilities for staff members. For direct and indirect reports, may participate in and manage activities related to department staff operations such as interviewing and selection, job description preparation, professional development, goal setting, performance management, coaching and mentoring, employee counseling, and separations. Approves courses of action on salary administration, hiring, corrective action, and terminations. Reviews and approves time records, expense reports, requests for leave, and overtime. Works with and advises staff on administrative policies and procedures, technical problems, priorities, and methods.
Performs other work-related duties as assigned. Minimal travel may be required (up to 25%).
• BA/BS degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field or equivalent related education and experience; plus a moderate, progressive financial experience, preferably within a CRO or pharmaceutical environment.
• ASC 606 revenue recognition experience preferred.
• Prior management experience required.
• Strong analytical, communication, and computer skills needed utilizing Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• SOX experience preferred and solid understanding of GAAP required.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment is essential.
• Presentation, documentation, leadership, and interpersonal skills are needed with a team-oriented approach.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees.