Serves as financial analyst for Business Unit Controller(s) and Associate Director(s) Finance. Prepares, reconciles, analyzes and reports Business Unit(s) revenue, contracts, projects, and associated metrics. Produces financial and other business analyses, interpretation, and investigation of data for operations for assigned projects and contracts. Ensures all reporting activities are accurate and prepared within established timelines.
1. Supports Business Unit Controller in:
• Records revenue each month for Unit, Fee for Service and Fixed Price contracts;
• Loads project budgets into Oracle/Revenue Wizard and maintaining key member lists (project set up) and other project data in Oracle and associated systems and schedules;
• Drafts project level actual versus budget/forecast variance analysis monthly as well as monthly reports for distribution in analyzing monthly results;
• Drafts monthly forecasting of financial results (backlog);
• Meets established deadlines for Revenue and Backlog submittals;
• Timely preparation of project close out reconciliations;
• Reviews, with assistance, executed Work Orders and Change Orders for bonus or other anomalies.
2. Works closely with Business Unit Controller to:
• Captures, assesses and consolidates results; and
• Drafts key reports such as annual cost and expense budgets, cost rates, cost and expense forecasting, monthly utilization, headcount, revenue backlog analysis, and/or gross profit for assigned area.
• Updates predefined reports.
3. Attends project meetings as applicable to support assigned areas. Attends project kick-off meetings to capture and process relevant data for set up of newly awarded projects onto financial systems and schedules. Attends monthly project review (MPRs) meetings to ensure understanding/concurrence of project status, potential issues and the accuracy of the forecast.
4. Monitors the overall health of assigned projects including but not limited to revenues, gross profit, receivables, and unbilled amounts as well as project close outs and reconciliations
BA/BS degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or equivalent education and experience. Pharmaceutical or CRO experience preferred.
Strong English proficiency.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is essential.
Proficiency with accounting software packages.
Experience with Oracle Finance is preferred. E
xceptional attention to detail, accuracy, organizational, interpersonal, and teamwork skills. Excellent financial, communication, and interpersonal skills as well as a high level of personal motivation to achieve.
Demonstrated ability to work with confidential and sensitive data.
Ability to perform several tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines is necessary.