Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands - Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City - have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we're more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it's why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It's why we're committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The primary focus of the A/V Tech Lead is to help lead the transformation of audio/visual support at Gap Inc. with a primary focus on video conferencing, live production events, and collaboration. Partner with the GapTech Engineering team to reduce the complexity of our systems and introduce scalable innovative technology. Establish and deliver best practices for ease of use that are implemented throughout the organization. Support the use of technology to enable seamless and successful audio/video collaboration that consistently delights our internal customers.
This role is responsible for providing exceptional A/V support to Gap Inc. across geographical locations ensuring a consistently high level of productivity and customer satisfaction to the business.
What you'll do
Who you are
- Help lead the transformation of A/V event support and video conferencing across North America HQ locations (San Francisco, Pleasanton, and New York primarily), define and share standards to be leveraged across all North America and global locations
- Provide operational support for A/V on-site and virtual events, and act as an escalation point for both the business, GapTech Leadership and the AV team
- Develop and maintain the technology roadmap for the A/V space - driving innovative A/V technology improvements on an ongoing basis
- Lead the delivery of proactive services including daily room checks, remote monitoring, system upgrades, and maintenance to ensure maximum availability
- Drive consistent A/V capabilities for our organization - document processes and solutions and promote best practices to share information across Employee Enablement and other GapTech partners
- Develop and maintain strong and trusting relationships with business, International and US counterparts, at all levels of the organization, including the Gap Inc. Communications, and Global Events business teams
- Manage reporting of key AV metrics to management and key business partners
- Above all, provide outstanding professional customer service every day.
Benefits at Gap
- 5+ years of relevant experience in IT AV operations support and a minimum of 1-2 years in a lead type role in a large, fast-paced organization
- Expert understanding of A/V technologies: Zoom, Intrado, Microsoft Teams, Live Events, Stream, Yammer
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical groups
- Customer success obsessed - consistently strive to delight customers and exceed their expectations and appropriate sense of urgency and ability to make timely decisions in a complex and fast-paced environment
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities - constantly looking to improve the team, processes and procedures, and the supported technology environment
- Demonstrated ability to maintain positive working relationships with senior members of the organization, co-workers, clients, and vendors
- Lead by example, motivate and inspire other team members to deliver their objectives successfully and effectively influence key stakeholders to facilitate the work of the team
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, 30% off at Gap Outlet, and the ability to purchase discounted merchandise during international travel at Banana Republic, Athleta, Intermix and Old Navy.
- Pension schemes available, depending on role.
- Market-leading private medical healthcare and well-being programme.*
- Voluntary medical cash plan open to all employees.
- Performance-related discretionary bonuses.*
- Access to our Employee Support Programme for overall well-being.
*For eligible employees