Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands - Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City - have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we're more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it's why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It's why we're committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Cloud Architect role helps Gap's internal cloud migration product teams build and implement solutions on an enterprise scale. This is a senior technical role with the opportunity to partner community across GapTech and Other organizations. You can expect to be heavily involved in cloud infrastructures, system design and platform architecture. The role also contains an evangelical aspect and there will be the opportunity to participate in technical POCs alongside the Cloud Engineering and Product engineering teams.
What you'll do
Who you are
- Design a multi-cloud hybrid cloud foundation with a focus on Azure and Oracle cloud and provide architectural leadership in developing a broad organizational buy-in to key architectural principles, best practices and technology choices.
- Collaborate with business and engineering teams to gather cloud requirements and convert them to generate appropriate Cloud architectural standards and documentations.
- Partnering with Cloud service providers and GAP stakeholders in identifying and assessing cloud deficiencies and provide risk mitigation strategies and solution design for Cloud workloads.
- Define a multi-region Cloud strategy and scalable system architecture resilient and scalable at high volumes production traffic with 99.999% availability objectives.
- Define innovative Cloud solutions and architectural frameworks using concepts such as infrastructure-as-code, deployment orchestration, and automation aligned with DevSecOps best practices to empower product engineering teams.
- Create shared service platform system architecture for next-generation continuous integration, continuous delivery, monitoring and observability platforms.
- Lead the design and implementation of cloud-native application runtime platform leveraging modern technologies such as Kubernetes, service mesh, FaaS.
Benefits at Gap
- 8+ years of total technology experience with minimum 3 years on public cloud (preferably Azure) in handling large-scale application deployments.
- 5+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications (i.e. having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, security etc.).
- Oversight experience on major Cloud transformation projects and successful transitions to implementation support teams
- Presentation skills and a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of Cloud services, DevSecOps toolsets and platforms including compute, storage, networking, Security, Kubernetes, service mesh, CI/CD as well as monitoring and logging technologies.
- Strong experience with automation (IaC) and configuration management tools such as Terraform, Azure Resource Manager, Chef etc.
- Established skills and experience specifying, enabling, leading and ideally actively participating in the transition to a DevOps/SRE style operating model and deployment architecture(s)
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, 30% off at Gap Outlet, and the ability to purchase discounted merchandise during international travel at Banana Republic, Athleta, Intermix and Old Navy.
- Pension schemes available, depending on role.
- Market-leading private medical healthcare and well-being programme.*
- Voluntary medical cash plan open to all employees.
- Performance-related discretionary bonuses.*
- Access to our Employee Support Programme for overall well-being.
*For eligible employees