|Category||Customer Support Center/Corporate Positions|
About Retail Business Services
Retail Business Services, LLC, is the services company of Ahold Delhaize USA, currently providing services to five East Coast grocery brands, including Food Lion, The GIANT Company, Giant Food, Hannaford and Stop & Shop. Retail Business Services leverages the scale of the local brands to drive synergies and provides industry-leading expertise, insights and analytics to local brands to support their strategies with services including Information Technology, Merchandising, Marketing & Sourcing Services, Private Brand Products, Pharmacy Services, Not for Resale, Store Services, Financial Services, Legal Services, Communications, Supply Chain and People Systems and Services. Retail Business Services operates across seven campuses in the Greater Charlotte, Harrisburg, D.C., Portland, Boston and Chicago Areas. For more information, visit www.retailbusinessservices.com. To stay updated with the latest news, follow Retail Business Services on LinkedIn (@Retail-Business-Services) and Twitter (@RBServicesNews).
Position Title: Analyst III Accounting Services
Position Location: Carlisle, PA
The primary purpose of this role is to research, analyze, reconcile and summarize financial data for use by management in making financial decisions. This role consolidates data from various sources to prepare accurate and timely financial reports in accordance with GAAP and performs analysis, and trouble shoots areas of concern. This position will work in close collaboration with other business groups
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
• Compile month end close activities including preparation of financial statements and reports. Prepare and/approve period end journal entries (including accruals, reserve analysis). Performs account reconciliations. Reviews ledger activity for accuracy, completeness, and reasonableness, interpreting trends and making recommendations for corrective action. Address questions and concerns relating to financial statements.
• Compile periodic forecasts, variance and trend analysis, and interprets results for management. Prepares account analysis and performs trend/flux analysis to identify, research, and explain variances to budget, forecasts, flash, etc. Responds to questions and solves problems as requested by department managers.
• Prepare and review reports provided to management for use in making key decisions. Performs complex data management analyze and distribute requested financial data to customers in clear, concise format. Identifies and works to help resolve issues as they arise.
• Design, develop and implement process improvement to maximize the efficiency of the department this requires thorough knowledge of systems to meet specialized needs.
• Oversees internal and external audit process activities related to area of responsibility to assure the auditors receive necessary data, documentation, and explanations.
• Responsible to safeguard and protect company assets ensuring compliance with Company policies and federal, state and local jurisdictions requirements/laws.
• Provide support to various special projects. Provide guidance, leadership and mentoring to other associates as needed.
Requirements Basic Requirements:
• Bachelor's Degree. Accounting degree preferred
• 3-5 year experience in Accounting
Skills and Abilities:
• Basic understanding of how to perform account reconciliations
• General knowledge of accrual and prepaid amortization processes
• Proficient in Excel and other Microsoft applications
• General analytic skills