|Category||Customer Support Center/Corporate Positions|
About Retail Business Services
Retail Business Services, LLC, is the services company of Ahold Delhaize USA, currently providing services to five East Coast grocery brands, including Food Lion, The GIANT Company, Giant Food, Hannaford and Stop & Shop. Retail Business Services leverages the scale of the local brands to drive synergies and provides industry-leading expertise, insights and analytics to local brands to support their strategies with services including Information Technology, Merchandising, Marketing & Sourcing Services, Private Brand Products, Pharmacy Services, Not for Resale, Store Services, Financial Services, Legal Services, Communications, Supply Chain and People Systems and Services. Retail Business Services operates across seven campuses in the Greater Charlotte, Harrisburg, D.C., Portland, Boston and Chicago Areas. For more information, visit www.retailbusinessservices.com. To stay updated with the latest news, follow Retail Business Services on LinkedIn (@Retail-Business-Services) and Twitter (@RBServicesNews).
Position Title: Analyst III Demand Planning
Position Location: Scarborough, ME
Responsible for collaborating with leadership team in the implementation of a selling organization culture with a consumer-centric focus through the Demand Planning Analyst responsibilities. Business expert to develop, implement, and manage the Forecasting and Replenishment (F&R) System's forecasting capabilities. Provides guidance and acts as a key contributor for strategic demand planning practices that support our banner strategies, inventory targets, and collective supply chain objectives. Collects, merges, and shares pertinent information to create a single, unified demand forecast within the F&R System. Applies seasoned in-depth knowledge of industry forecasting processes and methods. Identifies drivers through root cause analysis of forecast variances, then quantifies and implements updates to complex forecasting systems and processes. Utilizes exception-based analysis and forecast accuracy results to drive sales growth, maximize inventory investment, and enable business process improvement.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
• Subject Matter Expert for managing and leveraging the demand planning capabilities within the F&R System.
• Responsible for maintaining the F&R System's forecasting capabilities.
• Partnering closely with other teams in Forecasting & Replenishment to help translate extensive product knowledge into appropriate system actions.
• Coordinate and provide leadership for growth projects within the organization.
• Work closely with the Super Users on business rules modifications, system regression testing, and optimization models.
• Partner with other business functions within Supply Chain, Pricing, and Category teams to leverage end-to-end forecast visibility to support a unified demand forecasting process.
• Responsible for overall F&R System forecast accuracy and support of inventory management in partnership with merchandising, distribution, and retail functions.
• Work within F&R System to measure, analyze, and create appropriate-term forecasts, while maximizing item-level forecast accuracy to drive supply chain optimization.
• Execute exception-based analysis to identify drivers in forecast error variances, with an aggressive approach to quantify and implement changes to improve forecasting and replenishment within F&R System.
• Analyze and execute F&R System processes for new items, along with store and promotional events.
• Collaborate with the Super Users to maintain and execute system enahacements and the functional expansion of the F&R system's capabilities.
• Ability to distill complicated data and analysis into actionable recommendations, guidance, and conclusions.
• Partner with Category Management and Supply Chain Leadership to provide forecast analysis with influence to the long-term strategies.
• Communicate, demonstrate, and inspire behaviors in others that drive a consumer demand driven Supply Chain strategy.
• Maintain a 24/7 on-call rotation with other DPAs and Super Users.
• With direction from the Super Users, take action for weather events to proactively manage demand in coordination with supply chain activities.
• Occasional travel to banner retail locations for research or specific initiatives.
Requirements Basic Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and related work experience in Mathematics, Economics, SCM, Logistics, IT, or other relevant subject expertise
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Demand Planning, Forecasting, Category Management, Pricing, Logistics, Procurement, or Distribution Operations
Skills and Abilities:
- Mature level of knowledge for company, business and industry practices
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- APICS, IBF, or MIT certification preferable
- Proficiency in working within a cloud-based system
- In depth knowledge of industry forecasting processes and methods
- Experience with IT road map development
- Experience with IT User Acceptance Testing (UAT) processes
- Demonstrate a personal acceptance of change and the ability to adapt and drive change
- Demonstrate an ability to implement and analyze retail business using consumer insights and trends
- Strong root cause analytical skill set
- Comfort working within a highly technical environment
- Active listener with an ability to build trust across varying levels of the organization
- Strong training and teaching skills
- Excellent organizational, planning, influence, communication, and presentation skills
- Self-motivated and persuasive in presenting and selling ideas, and executing their implementation
- Able to handle multiple priorities
- Detail oriented
- Ability to manage day-to-day activity for identified responsibilities
- Ability to influence without authority
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to think innovatively
- Ability to work with all levels of management