|Category||Customer Support Center/Corporate Positions|
About Retail Business Services
Retail Business Services, LLC, is the services company of Ahold Delhaize USA, currently providing services to five East Coast grocery brands, including Food Lion, The GIANT Company, Giant Food, Hannaford and Stop & Shop. Retail Business Services leverages the scale of the local brands to drive synergies and provides industry-leading expertise, insights and analytics to local brands to support their strategies with services including Information Technology, Merchandising, Marketing & Sourcing Services, Private Brand Products, Pharmacy Services, Not for Resale, Store Services, Financial Services, Legal Services, Communications, Supply Chain and People Systems and Services. Retail Business Services operates across seven campuses in the Greater Charlotte, Harrisburg, D.C., Portland, Boston and Chicago Areas. For more information, visit www.retailbusinessservices.com. To stay updated with the latest news, follow Retail Business Services on LinkedIn (@Retail-Business-Services) and Twitter (@RBServicesNews).
Position Title: VIC Analyst II
Position Location: Scarborough, ME or Salisbury, NC or Quincy, MA or Carlisle, PA
This associate will be charged with supporting the Vendor Inbound Compliance (VIC) Program and will support similar Procurement Programs under the ADUSA organization. This person will serve as the key contact for Inbound Compliance with the Brands and collectively drive initiatives and opportunities in collaboration with the Preferred Program. This person will be required to interact extensively throughout the organization with a strong presence with Distribution & Transportation Operations, Logistics, Finance, IT and the broader Supplier Community that is expected to be involved in these processes. This associate will be responsible for supporting and driving the company's new way of working within the VIC channel and through extensive internal and external collaboration, influence change, reduce error, drive collaboration, and enhance Warehouse operations. This individual will be required to understand the Vendor Inbound flow of goods from order conception Receipt of goods and possess strong root causal identification skills to bring forth holistic solutions, process refinement and alternative methodologies. This individual will be responsible for implementing and maintaining training at Warehouses and within Internal Supply Chain and Brand teams and will be directly accountable for specific future growth targets.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
• A lead role in our VIC supply chain with the responsibility of maintaining strong collaborative relationships and influence across many levels within the Brands, Warehouses, and Supplier community
• Responsibility to ensure that VIC & Preferred programs deliver the expected results for our Brand and Supplier partners
• Manage VIC program concerns and execution by partnering extensively with the Brands, Supply Chain, and Warehouse Operations
• Leverage the Procurement programs as a means of accountability, with the goal of driving rapid resolution, and improving vendor performance
• Manage Supplier relationships within the VIC program providing insight, solutions and alternatives methodologies
• Partner with the Preferred Lead and the organization to assess alternative methodologies and industry trends, providing strategic vision and direction
• Partner on a regular basis with Warehouse Operations to measure results, drive efficiencies, and assess vendor performance.
• Drive change-management within our strategic partners through continuous improvement, implementing new processes and ensures these processes support the brand strategies and goals.
• Leverage the collective knowledge from the Team, Internal Supply Chain and the Industry to drive "Best Practice" behavior with the Brands and Vendors.
• Measure Vendor performance against KPIs, perform analysis, and create period reporting to drive hold our Vendors accountable and to provide executive updates.
• Work directly with the analyst team to confirm or refute assumptions, harness data and deliver impactful and actionable insights.
• Manage the ownership and access to internal vendor dispute email inboxes and provide investigations, research, resolutions, and adherence to policy and procedure in resolving vendor disputes.
• Answer questions, provide specific details in reference to the Transportation Routing Guide, and provide training to stake holders within VIC.
Requirements Basic Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or similar work experience
• Lean Six Sigma (or seeking certification)
• 3-5 years of Supply Chain experience
• Experience with or proficiency in data mining software
• Supplier Collaboration experience
• Experience with Project Management
Skills and Abilities:
• Solid understanding of all elements influenced by Inbound Logistics including Store Operations, Warehouse Management, IT, Finance, Category management, Distribution & Transportation, and Forecasting & Replenishment
• A strong understanding of the Inbound Logistics
• Strong analytical skills
• Troubleshooting skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Advanced Excel and Presentation skills
• Strong analytical skills with experience developing data-driven analytical models
• Leadership Skills
• Proven project management skills: conceptualizing, planning, estimating and executing
• Strong change management skills
• Excellent people skills and ability to build strong relationships and lead groups.
• Strategic Planning Acumen
• Ability to manage and influence others in the organization including executive levels
• Proven track record of delivering high quality results in a timely manner
• Ability to influence change within the organization and the vendor community