|Job type||Full Time|
|City||New York City|
ABOUT SETRA SYSTEMS:
Setra Systems, Inc. is an Operating Company within the Sensor Technologies platform of Fortive Corporation that designs and manufactures a broad line of sensing products including pressure, current, vacuum, humidity and particle counting instruments. Our products are used in a wide variety of applications within the global HVAC/R, Life Sciences, Industrial, and Semiconductor markets.
Applicants to and employees of this company are protected under Federal law from discrimination on several bases. Please refer to our Careers page at www.setra.com/careers to learn more.
The Energy Management, Submetering RSM position is a high-impact role within Setra Systems. This role has a national focus on driving the entirety of new and existing power meter business within strategic accounts throughout the US through both individual and team-selling efforts (individual contributor role, but very team-selling centric). We're looking for A-players who understand how to build relationships, consultatively sell, and are clearly driven to be the best in their field. The ideal candidate has a demonstrated history of success within an electrical systems technical selling environment. Proven sales success within performance management, energy management, sub metering, or similar is strongly preferred.
Setra is part of the Fortive group of companies, a diversified industrial growth organization based in Everett, Washington with 24,000 employees worldwide. The Fortive Business System (FBS) is the cornerstone of our culture and our ultimate competitive advantage. It drives every aspect of our work, our strategy and our performance. We use FBS to guide our decisions, measure how well we execute and develop innovative ways to do even better.
Bringing your skills to Setra is much more than just another sales role. This is a golden opportunity to catapult your career to a level most companies cannot offer, with a clear path for successive promotions within Setra and throughout Fortive. Simply put, if you meet the role requirements, and you're ready to bring your top-performer mindset to a company that will recognize and reward your results, then this is your next and possibly last career move.
Target Candidate locations include anywhere within reasonable driving distance of a major US airport (most metropolitan areas within the Continental US qualify).
• 5+ years of sales, engineering, or customer-facing experience selling into power / sub meter market
• Proven history of success in a technical sales, individual contributor role, managing broad geographic territory
• In depth knowledge of electrical systems and power management theories
• Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office
• Ability to teach and deliver clear training/support to entire commercial team
Critical Success Factors:
• Ability to understand customer needs to present them a thoughtful solution
• Ability to consultatively sell by listening to customer pain points vs presenting features
• In-depth knowledge of electrical sub-meters, power management, and the metering market
• A hunter mentality with relentless pursuit of key opportunities
• Aptitude for selling a technical product and educating customers
• Ability to understand, and articulate technical data to all stakeholders (engineer and layman)
• Portrays company and self clearly over phone and email with a succinct and charismatic presence
• Maintains a service-oriented and customer-focused mindset
• Engineer savvy; ability to read schematics
• Prior experience utilizing salesforce.com
• Bachelor's degree; technical degree preferred
TRAVEL: 70% travel required for the position
Fortive Corporation Overview:
Fortive is a diversified industrial growth company, with a $6B portfolio of market-leading brands. We develop and deliver essential technology for the people who create, implement and accelerate progress. And we achieve this through our people. Our globally diverse team of 24,000 employees is united by a common culture rooted in Fortive Business System (FBS). Exceptional people thrive at Fortive because we build extraordinary teams for extraordinary results. We recruit, develop and retain the best talent available. We shape the future. We innovate to fuel our customers' success, building better businesses and propelling progress. We are driven to do better. We emphasize continuous improvement and nonstop learning. We are team-oriented. We work together, and we win together. We create an environment based on integrity and action, not politics and bureaucracy.
At Fortive, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We need the most talented people to keep progressing. Here you'll learn how FBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.